The Park Avenue Chamber Symphony Orchestra (PACS) will honor veterans of the United States Armed Forces with a large-scale gala concert at Carnegie Hall on November 19, 8pm. The performance will feature the New York premiere of Dreams of the Fallen – the much-admired new work by award-winning composer Jake Runestad and the poet and United States Army veteran Brian Turner. The work probes the way veterans are forever psychologically changed by their experiences of war.
St. Joseph’s College offers a Graduate Open House for military veterans on November 19, 10am.
Reduced tuition options are available for active duty service members and their dependents, and National Guard/Reservists. St. Joseph’s College is a Post 9/11 GI Bill & Yellow Ribbon Program participant. Dedicated military advisors on each campus are available to assist you with applying for and processing DoD and VA education benefits.
Classes are taught on-site at five military installations. Flexible scheduling options to match your busy lifestyle, including evenings, weekends and online. Bring transcripts from all schools attended.
Support Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing by shopping at your local fly shop. Make a difference in the life of a disabled veteran.
On November 19, 11am-3pm at Orvis you can participate in auctions and activities like:
– 2017 Box Seat NY Yankee tickets
– Gift Card to Capitol Tackle
– Charter fishing trip on the Capitol Princess out of NYC
– Basket of Cheer from Brooklyn Gin
– $100 Gift Card and Swag from Amberjack.com
– Three night stay for 2 and $100 restaurant gift card for Tailwaters Lodge
– Original Blitz Print by Captain Jim Levison
– Original Painting by Field and Stream Illustrator Mike Sudal created during the event
– Professional Fly Tiers Jonny King and Brian Sheppard will be at the vise spinning bugs.